Other Ways to Give
Charitable IRA Rollover
With this type of gift, GLIDE supporters like you can get a tax break while making inclusion and acceptance for all people part of their legacy. Here’s how it works:
- Avoid paying tax on your required minimum distribution this year. The distribution will not count as taxable income for this year, helping keep you in a lower tax bracket.
- The transfer is not subject to limitations on itemized deductions.
- Enjoy a quick and easy estate tax reduction.
- You must be 70 ½ years old or older by year-end.
- The distribution must be directly to GLIDE from your plan trustee.
- The maximum contribution amount each year is $100,000 ($200,000 per couple).
- Your transfer must be received by the last day of the calendar year.
If you’re interested in this popular way to support GLIDE, download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.
A Gift of Property
You may wish to transfer ownership of your property (real estate,) and receive a tax deduction. In addition, gifts of residual interest may be considered in which you may retain the use of the property during your lifetime. Benefits include:
- Income tax deduction
- Avoidance of capital gains tax
- Continued use of your property for life in some instances
- Your gift passes to GLIDE outside of the estate process
- Satisfaction of knowing GLIDE will have the benefit of your gift in the future
Memorial and Tribute Gifts
You can honor a grandparent, a parent, a spouse, a loved one or someone else close to you by establishing a memorial or tribute gift for GLIDE. This special gift connects you and someone special with the GLIDE movement forever, celebrating love, justice and inclusion for years to come.
You can fund a memorial or tribute gift with cash, appreciated securities, or tangible personal property.
When you make a gift to an endowment, you provide both immediate and long-term advantages. Here’s why. Endowment donations are invested, and a portion of the annual income from the investment is used to sustain the programs and services at GLIDE. The remaining funds are reinvested to ensure continued support for years to come.
You can fund an endowed gift with cash, appreciated securities, or tangible personal property.
Donor Advised Funds
Some of our donors have established a donor-advised charitable fund (Fidelity Charitable ®, Vanguard Charitable ®, Schwab Charitable ® or other) and have a strong desire to support GLIDE’s mission through an annual gift and/or a legacy gift.
You can direct that your donor-advised charitable fund be distributed, in full, to GLIDE after your lifetime. Or, you can name specific charities and choose a dollar or percentage amount to be distributed over a certain time or until the account balance becomes zero.
If you have any questions, please contact Mariah Bozeman at 415-674-6041 or legacygiving@GLIDE.org for more information.