Gifts that Pay You Income

Gifts that Pay You Income

You can transform the lives of people suffering poverty and isolation while you receive a steady stream of income for life. If you’re considering these types of gifts, we recommend that you consult with your financial advisor.

Charitable Gift Annuities

You can transfer money to a charitable gift annuity and receive income for life. This plan allows you to give a substantial donation for GLIDE while receiving tax-favorable income. Interest rates on charitable gift annuities are usually more attractive than certificates of deposit (CDs) and other bank rates. Benefits include:

  • Attractive rates of return
  • Payments are made monthly
  • Depending on your age, all or a portion of the income will be tax-free
  • Immediate tax receipt for a portion of your gift
  • The residual portion of the gift can be designated according to your wishes
  • Your gift passes to GLIDE outside of the estate process

If you have any questions, please contact Mariah Bozeman at 415-674-6041 or for more information.

Charitable Remainder Trusts

You can generate income for yourself or your loved one(s) while supporting the growth of a community that welcomes and embraces everyone with love and respect with GLIDE. A charitable remainder trust (CRT) will build your financial security while you make helping others suffering from poverty, racism and social isolation part of your lasting legacy.

You may realize a significant benefit by transferring property to a trust that will eventually be a charitable gift for GLIDE. Benefits of such a trust can include:

  • Being highly flexible and customizable to your needs and goals
  • Generating income while making an important future gift to GLIDE
  • Increasing income from the assets you donate
  • Qualifying for an immediate income tax deduction
  • Allowing you to diversify your portfolio
  • Avoiding any capital gains tax on the assets used to fund the trust
  • Receiving professional asset management
  • Reducing possible estate taxation

There are two ways to receive payments with charitable remainder trusts:

Unitrust. The unitrust pays you, each year, a variable amount based on a fixed percentage of the fair market value of trust assets. The amount of your payments is re-determined annually. Your payments increase and decrease with the value of the trust.

Annuity Trust. The annuity trust pays you, each year, the same dollar amount you choose at the start. Your payments stay the same regardless of fluctuations in trust investments.

If you have any questions, please contact Mariah Bozeman at 415-674-6041 or for more information.